Diversity is an active and intentional commitment to support and embrace difference and multiplicity for the sake of expanding knowledge, educating capable citizens, developing the whole person, and serving our local and global communities. 股本 in action being the intentional assessment to promote and ensure fairness within access, 资源 & opportunity while seeking to eliminate barriers that hinder the success of students, 教师, 和工作人员. Inclusion being the intentional engaging of persons and groups while seeking to understand and support the entire ULV community.
The Office of Diversity, 股本, and Inclusion will offer training and professional development opportunities for all members of the campus community, including Safe Zone, Cultivating Inclusion professional development sessions, and Building Inclusive Communities. If you would like to schedule a customized guest lecture or workshop, please contact us at diversity@拉维恩.edu.
If you would like to collaborate with the ODEI on a specific program or initiative, or would like consultation concerning a policy or practice, please contact us at diversity@拉维恩.edu.
Anti-Racism Initiative Teach-In Sessions
June 10, 2022 Anti-Racism Teach-in
With special guest Alex Shevrin Venet
Alex is the author of 股本-Centered Trauma-Informed Education, and amazing work and guiding tool! She focuses her work not only on trauma-informed teaching, 学习, 和系统, but also centers efforts around building and sustaining communities, social/emotional 学习, restorative practices and educational equity.
“Systems change is just as important as our individual actions, and only through systems change can we truly create equity for all.”
– Alex Shevrin Venet
June 11, 2021 Anti-Racism Teach-In
View the event here. Readings and 资源 referenced during the 2021 Anti-Racism Teach In:
- 资源 to support Asian, Asian American, and Pacific Islander Communities
- Solidarity Stories
- Black + Asian Solidarity
- Black Gaze Podcast: Black + Asian American Solidarity
- The history of tensions and solidarity between Black and Asian American communities explained
- 约翰·奥利弗的 Last Week Tonight: segment on Asian Americans
June 15, 2020 Anti-Racism Teach-In
View the event here. Readings and 资源 referenced during the 2020 Anti-Racism Teach In:
- LaVerne Office of Diversity, 股本, & Inclusion 资源
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard to Talk to White 人 About Racism
- Ibram Kendi on ‘How to be an Antiracist’+ How to be an Antiracist (book)
- Dog Whistle Politics: How coded racial appeals have reinvented racism & wrecked the middle class
- A Riot is the Language of the Unheard – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- How do we change America by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor in the New Yorker
- America, this is your chance Michelle Alexander
- Take the Harvard Implicit Association Test
- 安德鲁·米. Ibrahim – Anti-racist, fear zone, 学习 zone, growth zone
- White people 4 Black lives